General terms and conditions
1. The general terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts of sale/reservations between supplier and buyer, as well as the execution of the agreement. The supplier maintains the right to alter these terms and conditions at all times and without explicit notification.
The terms and conditions that are applicable, are the ones published on the date of reservation.
2. All mentioned prices are VAT included and listed in Euro and are applicable in the year that they are published.
3. Through the online booking system, you can buy tickets in advance for one of our trips. As the seats on the trips are limited and depending on the type of vessel, your booked tickets are only valid on the chosen date. You can only book tickets for dates that are available in our system for online tickets.
4. Through the online booking system you buy tickets which must be paid 100% in advance by means of a credit card, bank card or your online home-banking system.
5. After the payment of the reservation you will receive an automatic confirmation of the tickets. You have to print this confirmation and bring it with you on the day of departure and hand it in when embarking. Without this confirmation you will be denied access to the boat trip.
6. Changes of the date of a reservation at the request of the customer can be made minimum 24 hours before the departure day via our reservation service (by e-mail or by telephone).
7. Tickets are pre-paid and non-refundable. Refunds are not possible.
8. If the ship, for whatever reason (force majeure, weather conditions or other) cannot sail, you will - if possible - be informed beforehand by telephone or e-mail at the latest the day before departure. For this reason it is important that we have your correct contact details. We cannot be held responsible for any form of compensation or other. In case of cancellation of your boat trip by the shipping company, your tickets remain valid for a similar trip according to availability, or you can receive a refund. To do this, please contact our reservation service by e-mail (email@example.com) or by telephone (+32 9 229 17 16), which will manually transfer your reservation to another date of your choice. For this you will receive a new confirmation, which you will have to hand over when embarking.
9. Every invoice that hasn’t been disputed within 8 days per post with a registered mail to the registered office of the company, will be considered as accepted. This acceptance also includes the recognition of the current general terms and conditions of sale.
All our invoices are payable in Gent within 8 days after invoice date, without discount.
10. The supplier will not be liable for not executing the order in case of force majeure, as defined by law, or in case of shortcoming or fault of the buyer or in case of unpredictable and irrevocable facts committed by a third party in regards of the agreement. The supplier is not responsible for damages or other consequences caused due to misinformation of the buyer, for example information about allergies, medical conditions, etc.
11. All photos, available texts and information are shown as accurate and complete possible. Despite these efforts inaccuracies can occur in the available photos, texts and information. If the information provided on the website shows deficiencies or failures, the supplier will take the greatest effort to correct it as soon as possible. The supplier will not be held responsible for any direct or indirect damages resulting from the use of the website.
12. The responsibilities of the passengers are:
- obeying the authority of the captain
Refrain from any instruction or conduct that could endanger the safety of the ship and persons on board (e.g. swimming without the captain’s consent).
Always move around quietly and safely on the ship.
In emergency situations, provide all the possible assistance.
· Persons who are drunk can be denied embarking on the vessel by the ship owner or the captain. The consumption of alcoholic beverages on board should also be limited. In any case, persons on board shall not be in a drunken state during the boat trip. Any non-medical use of drugs or narcotics is strictly forbidden. In the event of an incident, an alcohol and/or drug test may be taken by the competent authorities and the passenger may be removed from the vessel at the simple request of the captain or the shipowner. All costs and damages resulting from this will be charged to the passenger.
· Under no circumstances can waste (e.g. cans, bottles or other) be thrown overboard.
13. In case of dispute, only the courts of Stad Gent have jurisdiction, in particular the Commercial Court and the District Court of Gent with the Canton where the registered office is situated.